Bansko Ski Area
|The Ski Area in Brief|
|17 marked ski runs, 65 km
• Altitude of resort: 930 m
• Altitude of highest ski run: 2600 m
• Altitude of lowest ski run: 990 m
• Ski and snowboard school ULEN: some of Bulgaria’s best instructors
• Children activities: Junior Ski Club, kids 4 and up
• Other winter sports: a biathlon track with a shooting range, cross-country trails fun park area, half-pipe facility
• Transfer to the ski area: one 8-person Gondola cabin lift, 2400 persons/hour
|Lifts and Pistes|
• Cable cars: one 8-person cable lift
• Chair lifts: 7 chair lifts (incl. 2 new)
• Drag lifts: 6 drag lifts (incl. 1 new)
• Baby drags: 10 baby-drag lifts
• Total number of lifts: 23 (incl. baby drags)
• Lift hours: 9:00 – 16:30; night skiing available
• Ski runs: 17
• Total kilometers of marked ski runs: 65 km, incl. 9 km cross country trails
• Longest run: 16 km Bansko offers its guests a unique 16-kilometer uninterrupted ski run, starting from Todorka Peak at the highest point of the ski center, all the way to base station of the Gondola lift at the outskirts of town. The last 7 km of the slope are lighted, and the entire facility is equipped with artificial snow machines to ensure a great skiing experience even in warmer conditions.
• Difficulty of slopes:
· beginner: 35 %
· intermediate: 40 %
· advanced: 25 %
• Snow guarantee:
over 50% of slopes covered by snow cannons
• New lifts: 2 four-chair lifts, 1 drag lift
A new four-chair lift has been added in the Banderishka Polyana area connecting it with the top of the Stara Pista ski run and alleviating the transit of intermediate skiers and snowboarders from the Banderitsa area to the Shiligarnik area. A new four-chair has been added in the Shiligarnik area to eliminate queues and service the brand new Strazhite ski run. The lower part of the Alberto Tomba black ski run is now serviced by a brand new drag lift.
• New facilities: lighting and snow cannons for the 7 km ski run to town
The lower 7 km of Bansko’s unique 16 km ski run have been lighted and equipped with snow cannons. Skiers and snowboarders are welcome to join us every Saturday evening in our descend on the lighted ski run from Banderishka Polyana area all the way to the outskirts of town long after sunset; night skiing is also available during week-days upon prior arrangement.
• New fun area: fun park
The fun-park is a new development that may claim some of the ardent off-piste fans back to the Platoto area: it offers fans of the extreme winter sports the option to ski over present artificial bumps and jumps as well as to build those on their own.
• New fun area: half-pipe
The half-pipe, located by the place where Bansko’s famous snow towers are usually built, offers both skiers and snowboarders an arena to boast their latest tricks.
• New runs: 2 new ski-runs
• New dining establishments:a number of restaurants and ski-bars